Today was my third time back at the gym after having my little boy – he’s 9 weeks old now 🙂 I started back to training last week as I figured I’d give my body a couple of months to heal.
Great to be back
It was so good to get back into the gym but first I had to get there!
It’s no longer simply racing out the door to the car to the gym but now I have to make sure baby M is fed and nappy bag is ready to go, and then get him into the car and drop him off at the creche. The first time I went back last week I was so nervous leaving him but the girls in the creche were amazing and even came around when I was training to let me know how he was doing – he was asleep and has been all three times I have dropped him off!!
I’m taking it easy training wise and running is off the cards for another few weeks until I hit 12 weeks just to be on the safe side so I have been doing a mixture of:
- Walking uphill doing a bit of pyramid training – raising the incline by 1.0 every minute and then back down again on the treadmill,
- Hammering it on the bike on the hill program and
- Some light weights to get me back into training gently and I love it.
I get the adrenalin rush and plug into my music and it’s so great to be back! My new gym I joined has a cafe too so I make sure I have enough time to have a drink afterwards and then back to being a mum!
I’ve set myself a couple of short term goals to get me back into my training:
1. Run a race or two by the end of the year
2. Not stress over times and weight – just to enjoy the training
3. Build weights into my program and struck at it – have never been big on weights but understand their importance in a training program
so the fun begins again and I can’t wait – a few more weeks and I can run – yay!
Happy running 🙂