Let me introduce myself. My name is Zoe and I am a runner. Not a professional runner, just a runner – someone that loves to run. I guess people would look at me and say I don’t have the build of a long distance runner, but yeah I am. I plod along and my thighs rub together and (shock horror) I listen to music a lot of the time when I run, so some might say I am not a serious runner – but to me, my friends and my family I am a runner because:
1. In the last ten years I have run 4 full marathons, at least 10 half marathons, several 10k and 5k’s.
2. I often get up at ridiculous times in the morning to run – 4.30am, 5am – some might call it the middle of the night.
3. I often find myself ‘post mortmem’ing my runs and have a specific ‘running jargon’ that me and my running buddies partake in.
4. I will often forego a night out so I can get an early night to get up for a run.
5. I am usually in bed by 9pm the night before a run.
6. I am the life and soul of a party if I have more than 1 glass of wine as my body isn’t used to too much alcohol because of my running.
Running helps me clear my head. When I am sad – I run; when I am excited and hyper – I run; when I am annoyed about something and want to kick the hell out of things – I run and when I have had a huge amount of chocolate or takeaway the day before – I run.
Anyway I decided to write a blog to keep my husband from going crazy with my running talk all day long and also to share with anyone that wants to read my stories, hear about my training and also reviews of cool products that come onto the market when I encounter them.
Keep in touch
Please feel free to leave comments below or send me an email . I promise I will reply if your comment/query is genuine!
Bye for now
Zoe – the girl that runs